- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces bacon
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Wash and trim the beans.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and blanch for 3 to 4 minutes, until the beans are pliable but still crunchy.
- Drain the beans and run them under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels or a clean dish towel and place them in a shallow ovenproof casserole.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the dry mustard, brown sugar, garlic and salt.
- Pour the butter mixture over the green beans, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make a bundle of 8 or 9 beans, wrap half a bacon slice around each bundle, securing with a toothpick, and arrange in a single layer in the same casserole used for marinating.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the beans look wrinkled. Serves 6-8.
Like what your reading? Share it!