- 2 pounds frozen broccoli florets or fresh blanched broccoli florets, drained
- 4 cups crumbled crackers (recommended: Ritz crackers)
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed small
- 1 pound Camembert, sliced thin
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- In a large stock pot of boiling salted water, blanch broccoli florets for 3 minutes. Remove from water and shock in a large bowl of ice water. Remove from ice water and drain on a paper towel lined platter. Set aside.
- Using a plastic bag, crush crackers. Add the thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, pepper and melted butter until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large casserole dish lightly greased with butter add broccoli and cheeses.
- Pour cracker topping on top of cheese and broccoli - use only enough to cover the top. The topping definitely has a kick!
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in oven.
- Remove from oven. Take foil off and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Like what your reading? Share it!