- 2 medium zucchini
- 2-3 medium butternut/summer squash
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2-1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pan, heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Pan fry the diced onion until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Add in the garlic and fry for another minute or so. Pour the onion mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Slice the zucchini and squash into thin slices. Layer them into 4 rows across in the dish, over the onions. Slowly drizzle the olive oil over the pieces until they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top of the dish. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the vegies are soft and slightly golden brown.
Like what your reading? Share it!