- 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder (a larger cut of meat is ok to use without adjusting the rest of the ingredients)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon original salt-free Mrs. Dash (or you can use salt if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup (or use 1 cup ketchup and 1 cup prepared BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line large roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut pork shoulder crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine sliced pork (including bone), onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, Mrs. Dash, pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce in roasting pan; mix well, and cover.
- Place in oven, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender (the meat will fall apart and off the bone when done).
- Pour off excess juice, remove bone, and shred meat with 2 forks.
Like what your reading? Share it!