- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp McCormick Salt Free/MSG Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- (original recipe calls for 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1/2 tsp salt - I didn't have the garlic powder and I really don't like adding salt if at all possible)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar and spices until well combined.
- Rub the brown sugar/spice mix all over both sides of the pork chops. Use all of the spice mix.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. When the oil is hot, add the pork chops. Cook the pork chops for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned.
- Transfer chops to a foil-lined pan/casserole dish sized to accommodate the chops. Pour excess juice from the skillet over the chops. Bake in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to ensure they are thoroughly cooked (should be white in the middle).
- Remove the chops from the oven and drag each side around in the thick glaze that has formed around the chops in the pan prior to serving.
(Inspired from Glazed Pork Chops by Budget Byte)
Like what your reading? Share it!