Monday, August 6, 2012

Mint Chocolate Cake Batter Cookies


Now for the variations to the Cake Batter Cookies recipe. The first time I made the cake batter recipe, I  tried Butter Golden cake mix with semi-sweet chocolate chips. They had a wonderful melt-in-your-mouth soft butter cookie taste. I wanted to see if I could duplicate the yummy-ness of the Mint Chocolate Cake Ball recipe - those were reminiscent of Thin Mint cookies. I think I'm on the right track. I didn't have the Andes' Creme de Menthe Baking Chips in the pantry this time, so I had to settle to try with just the semi-sweet chocolate chips. These came out with a better than I expected Mint Chocolate cookie taste. Next time I will try the Andes Mint trick to see if that makes a big difference and update this post. I would not have a problem making this recipe again as is. This batch of cookies barely lasted 2 days in the house. I didn't hear any complaints. :) Here's what I used:


Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.25oz) box Butter Golden Cake Mix
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine cake mix and baking powder.
  3. Stir in eggs, oil, & peppermint extract. Mix until well blended. 
  4. Stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheets
  6. Bake 10-15 minutes (depending on size of cookie/oven).
  7. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 


Like what your reading? Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment