Sunday, December 30, 2012

Avocado Ranch Dip


This dip I discovered by accident when I wanted to eat my standard snack: cut up avocado and tortilla chips. I decided to add some sour cream and remembered I still had some Buttermilk Ranch Dry Mix made up from the Ranch Crack Potatoes. Threw it all in a bowl and decided to try out my new Cuisinart SmartStick Immersion Blender, Metallic Charcoal (Google Affiliate Ad) from Christmas. Vroom, Vroom, Vroom of the blender and done! It was great on the chips and I also spread on a bacon sandwich! Yummy!

Yields about 1 cup

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 3 heaping tablespoons (generous dollops) sour cream (or substitute plain Greek yogurt)
  • 1 tsp Buttermilk Ranch Dry Mix - MSG-Free
Directions:

Either:
  1. Place all ingredients in small blender/food processor (I used my handy Cuisinart Smartstick Immersion Blender). Pulse until smooth. OR
  2. Smash avocado into a creamy paste then blend with sour cream and ranch mix. Enjoy!



Like what your reading? Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment