This recipe follows the Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookie Recipe but substitutes crushed Butterfingers in place of the Andes Mints. It was so good I thought I would share it as a separate recipe.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chopped Butterfingers candy bars (7.8 oz - 2 of the 6 packs you find on the candy aisle worked perfectly) (food processor or bag and hammer method work to obtain the chopped pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper/baking sheets
- Place butter and chocolate chips in glass microwave safe bowl/measuring cup.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, stir, then microwave an additional 15 to 20 seconds if needed until the mixture is melted and smooth. (or if you want to go old school, you can use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate and butter)
- Stir in sugar, salt and vanilla into the chocolate mixture.
- Add 1 egg, stir in completely, then add the 2nd egg and stir in completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Blend flour mixture in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir vigorously (or use the hand mixer on low) for 2-3 minutes until thick, glossy, and smooth.
- Once batter has cooled, stir in the Butterfingers.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they look crackled but still soft and gooey.
- Transfer onto cooling rack after they have sat on cookie sheet for a few minutes to finish cooling.
Courtesy of Butterfinger Brownie Cookies
Like what your reading? Share it!