This is a great side alternative to fries or onion rings. Goes great with burgers and about anything else. This is a great way to incorporate a veggie into any meal or serve as a snack!
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used roasted garlic flavor)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 small zucchini cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray or vegetable/olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a large oven-proof wire rack set on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, onion powder and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture patting the crumbs on.
- Place slices on wire rack.
- Repeat until all are coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with basil dipping sauce if desired.
(Courtesy of Cinnamon Girl Recipes)
Like what your reading? Share it!