- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained
- 5 oz (1 cup) chicken, shredded
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (1/2 pkg) dry ranch dressing - see Buttermilk Dry Ranch Dressing Mix for an MSG-free version
- 24-30 wonton wrappers
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add corn, beans, and chicken and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Move the chicken mixture to a bowl and season with pepper, then stir in cheese and dry ranch dressing.
- Begin heating about 1/2 inch of canola or vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, scoop 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Rub some water on two sides of the wrapper, then fold over to firmly seal, forming a triangle, and gently press out any extra air pockets.
- When the oil is hot (I placed a very small piece of chicken (about the size of a thumbnail) in the oil and waited until it started bubbling good), place 6 wontons at a time into oil. Cook about 1 minute per side until golden and crispy.
Like what your reading? Share it!