These tasty lamb skewers were my first experience "Kabob-ing" anything. It was fun and a little time consuming prepping and skewering all of the ingredients, but in the end it was definitely worth it. The original recipe called for a reduction made with apricot preserves, the marinade and white wine. I tried to make it as instructed but turned into a nasty smelling I-don't-know-what that never made it onto the skewers. They were wonderful without it so I didn't even include it in what I made below. Happy Kabobing!
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 lb. cubed lamb stew meat
- 1 lb pearl onions, peeled (or I used a regular sweet onion quartered)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - rinsed, de-seeded and cut into 1 square inch pieces
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper - rinsed, de-seeded and cut into 1 square inch pieces
- 1 small container Cherry Tomatoes, rinsed
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In small bowl combine mint, wine, lemon juice and honey. Stir to combine.
- In large bowl toss together lamb, onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers Add wine mixture and toss until evenly combined. Cover, and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Place lamb, onions onto bamboo skewers, alternating lamb and onions until ingredients are used. Reserve remaining marinade and set aside.
- Grill skewers until lamb is cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side.
Inspired from: Mint Honey Lamb Skewers
Like what your reading? Share it!