Thursday, October 18, 2012

Memphis Red BBQ Sauce


I found this recipe in Taste of the South Magazine and thought I would try it out. I'm so glad I did because this sauce is delicious! The only modification I made to the original is I used dark Karo syrup instead of molasses because that is all I had in the pantry at the time. The next time we made it, we used molasses and the family agreed that it was better with the Karo syrup, so I will leave the modification in place. Feel free to make that judgement call yourself!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup dark Karo corn syrup
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp hot sauce
  • 1 tsp chili powder
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined. 
  2. Store in air tight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.
  3. Like most sauces, they get better with a little time. You may want to wait a few hours before enjoying this delicious sauce to let the flavors blend together.
Courtesy of Taste of the South Magazine May June 2012


Like what your reading? Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment