I found this recipe in Taste of the South Magazine and thought I would try it out. I'm so glad I did because this sauce is delicious! The only modification I made to the original is I used dark Karo syrup instead of molasses because that is all I had in the pantry at the time. The next time we made it, we used molasses and the family agreed that it was better with the Karo syrup, so I will leave the modification in place. Feel free to make that judgement call yourself!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark Karo corn syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Store in air tight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.
- Like most sauces, they get better with a little time. You may want to wait a few hours before enjoying this delicious sauce to let the flavors blend together.
Courtesy of Taste of the South Magazine May June 2012
Like what your reading? Share it!