I had intentions of making pulled pork out of this recipe but it didn't make it that far! It was eaten whole as a pork roast. Don't be afraid to pour off the juice and shred to enjoy it as pulled pork! To be honest, I had trouble tasting the honey part of this recipe. Next time I will probably up the honey to 1/2 cup and go from there. It was still a very tasty roast!
- ~ 3-pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Original MSG/Sodium-free Mrs Dash (or salt)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line large roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut pork shoulder into 2-3 inch chunks.
- Place onion, bell pepper & pork in roasting pan.
- Whisk all other ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Pour mixture into roasting pan; mix well, and cover.
- Place in oven, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender (the meat will fall apart and off the bone when done).
- Either enjoy as is OR for Pulled Pork:
- Pour off excess juice, remove bone, and shred meat with 2 forks.
- Now Enjoy!
Like what your reading? Share it!