- 5 chicken thighs - original recipe used breasts
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper to taste
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- The original recipe used panko - I only had roasted garlic regular breadcrumbs & opted to leave out the garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a shallow dish, combine honey & mustard.
- In another shallow dish, place breadcrumbs.
- Season chicken with spices to your taste.
- Coat chicken with honey mustard mixture.
- Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on lightly greased baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness) or until done.
If you notice in the picture that there are 2 different colored sauces over the chicken. This came about because I wanted to have extra sauce on the chicken. I didn't want to use prepared honey mustard so I attempted to make it myself. Well, the first sauce listed below was ok by itself but I really wanted it to be tangier. It came out looking like a light yellow opaque sauce. So I tried again. The second sauce listed below I took from the recipe above. It is the darker, less opaque sauce. Still wasn't super happy with it as a stand alone. So, to keep from wasting both, I drizzled both on top of the chicken and it was an excellent decision! It turned out yummy and just was I wanted!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Mix Sauces in separate bowls. Drizzle over chicken or dip as desired.
Like what your reading? Share it!