|Homemade Chicken Stock Pin It|
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts - skinless, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn (or 1 can drained)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can petite diced tomato
- 1 can Original Rotel Tomatos with Lime & Cilantro
- 1/2 yellow/sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt (if desired) and pepper to taste
- Mexican cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Make Chicken stock
- You can either make this from scratch if you have the time (see my recipe for Chicken Stock Here) or buy pre-made stock.
|Simmering on stove|
- If you are buying raw chicken, boil chicken covered in water for 30-60 minutes until done. If you are going to do this, you may as well make your own stock. See above.
- To save time, you can use either canned chicken or precooked chicken found in the deli case, or pick up a rotisserie chicken (tastes the best) from the deli at your grocery store.
Like what your reading? Share it!