This recipe is my first true experiment for this blog. It is a twist to the Parmesan Squash Bake. I was hoping to incorporate balsamic vinegar into a zucchini casserole/bake and came across a bottle of Ken's dressing that was hanging out in the pantry asking to be used. So I decided to put the balsamic vinegar dream on the back burner for a little while and see how this concoction comes out. I have had great luck in the past with baking meats covered in salad dressing (another topic for another time) and decided to give vegetables with dressing a try. It turned out delicious! I can't wait to experiment with other combinations.
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2-3/4 bottle Ken's Lite Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil. Pan fry the diced onion until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Add in the garlic and fry for another minute or so. Pour the onion mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices. Layer them into 4 rows across in the dish, over the onions. Slowly drizzle the dressing over the pieces until they are evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top of the dish. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and slightly golden brown.
Like what your reading? Share it!