This is a super easy appetizer to put out at a party that is delicious! I added the lemon juice to help cut the excessive sweetness of the grape jelly - its your call.
- 1 bag frozen original meatballs or 2 packages of little smokies cocktail sausages (watch for MSG) or homemade meatballs if you are feeling adventurous!
- 2 bottles chili sauce
- 2 cups grape jelly
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Bake meatballs as directed on package (normally 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees).
- While those are baking, combine chili sauce, grape jelly & lemon juice in a pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs and continue to simmer for the next hour.
- Serve with toothpicks!
- Option: combine all into crockpot and let simmer on high for an hour. (FYI - I tried this on low overnight and it burned the sausages beyond recognition; hence why the pic is of round 2 -> meatballs)
Like what your reading? Share it!