- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup white sugar (optional - if you like sweet cornbread)
- Combine ingredients and sift/mix well. May be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
To make Cornbread or Muffins:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening or butter.
- Beat the egg, milk and melted shortening together, then add the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 425 F in a well-greased 9x9 pan for 20-25 minutes for in well-greased muffin pans for 15-20 minutes.
Adapted from: Cheap Cooking.com - Corn Meal Mix
Like what your reading? Share it!