|(Picture is before baking)|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (or milk or half and half - whatever is on hand)
- Chocolate Chips - I used 1/2 bag Semi-Sweet & 1/2 bag Milk Chocolate (I would suggest adding whatever flavor of "chips" you like... I want to expirament with butterscotch and toffee chips in the future. Don't worry - there will be an update)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease skillet with a light coating of canola oil (Rubbed on via a paper towel).
- In bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt
- In separate bowl, mix butter and sugars until light and creamed together
- Add egg, vanilla, and cream and stir to incorporate
- Combine with flour mixture until well mixed
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Press lightly into cast iron skillet
- Bake about 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden
- To remove from skillet: Allow to cool completely and place plate over the top of cookie. Turn skillet upside down while holding plate in place. If your skillet is well seasoned, it will fall out without a problem. Place your serving plate on the backside of the cake and hold in place as you flip it right side up again.
(Courtesy of My Messy, Thrilling Life)
Like what your reading? Share it!