- 1 (8-ounce) can reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or use Original Mrs Dash)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Separate dough into triangles. Press triangles together to form a single round crust on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- If you like your hash browns crunchier, cook in skillet until lightly browned.
- Top prepared dough with sausage, potatoes, and cheese. Combine milk, salt, pepper, and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Carefully pour milk mixture over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
(Adapted from Cooking Light)
Adventures with this Recipe:
Word of advice: If you don't put this on a pizza pan or some other pan with a lip around the edge, make sure you place aluminum foil under the crust and form your own border.
I decided to make this on my air-bake cookie sheet (lined with foil for easy cleanup) because I don't have a pizza pan, only a pizza stone that I did not want egg/cheese baking/burning into it. So about 5 minutes before I was going to take it out, I checked on it only to discover that the egg had run not only out of the pizza and onto the pan, but also had dripped down into the bottom of the stove. NOT HAPPY. I knew that the egg was obviously runny, but I had expected that if it did in fact escape out of the pizza that it would probably just cook in place on the air-bake sheet. I was mistaken. What a mess. The upside: It still tasted delicious!
Like what your reading? Share it!